Although one might assume that a Evil-aligned civilization in Fall From Heaven 2 is forced to combat any and all Good -aligned civilizations, just like in the old stories and folktales, but this is not wholly true. A Evil civilization will not automatically engage in war with a neighboring civilization of a differing alignment--instead, it receives a small penalty to diplomatic relations with all Neutral -aligned civilizations, and a larger penalty to diplomatic relations with all Good-aligned nations, but will receive a small positive bonus to relations with all other Evil-aligned nations. These penalties do not force war, but influence the relationships between nations: it is more difficult to form lasting trade relations, open borders, and long-term peace with nations that are aligned differently, but relatively easy to keep nations with similar alignments happy.
- Receives a diplomacy bonus with all other Evil-aligned nations.
- Can use the Undercouncil civic.
- Can build Eidolons.
- Hell Terrain will not spread within an Evil civilization's cultural border until the Armageddon Counter reaches 50+, unless the civilization's state religion is the Ashen Veil.
- Cannot use the Overcouncil civic.
- Receives a small diplomacy penalty with all Neutral-aligned nations.
- Receives a large diplomacy penalty with all Good-aligned nations.
- Any civilization that adopts the Ashen Veil religion as their state religion is automatically changed to Evil alignment.